Aloha Guys. We are here with another tutorial. Today we will discuss how to emphasize or hide skin flaws in you photos that you took from a cam or from your smart phone using the yellow channel in your photo. This technique can be used to emphasize skin detail for a dramatic look or reduce the appearance of wrinkles, freckles and dark circles under the eyes etc. Above image will give you an idea of the final outcome of after we made the changes using the yellow channel.
You Should Read and Agree to the Terms of Service Before Purchase!
- Open the photo that you want to edit in Photoshop. The photo should have enough detail on the skin tones with little to no makeup. For this tut we will use the image called Model 044 (check the “Resources” section at the beginning of the tutorial). You can use that image (for educational purposes only) or you are always welcome to use a picture that you prefer which is suitable for this kind of a tutorial.
- We’ll need to grab the Yellow channel. Before we can do this, we have to convert the image to CMYK by going to Image > Mode > CMYK.
- In the Channels palette (Window > Channels), select the Yellow channel.
- As you can see, the Yellow layer reveals the most skin flaws. Copy and paste this layer by going to Select > All then Edit > Copy.
- Now we need to convert the image back to RGB mode for editing. Instead of converting the image back, which will degrade the image quality even more, we can just undo all the way back to the beginning.
- Keep pressing Alt+Ctrl+Z (Option+Cmd+Z on Macs) until you’ve reverted back to the original photo. Go to Edit > Paste and Photoshop will place the Yellow channel you copied as a new layer.
- Change the blending mode to Overlay. You’ll see the effects immediately and you can reduce the effect by reducing the opacity.