Hello everybody!! Thanks again for joining with us today we are going to discuss about how to create an effect that shows like it was carved out of paper Style in Photoshop. For this tutorial, you will need bit time and some resources. The final outcome will look like the above image.
You Should Read and Agree to the Terms of Service Before Purchase!
- Fonts Used :
- Open Photoshop and create a new document. We are using 5000x3000px for the size so we can use it as desktop wallpaper for your PC/ laptop.
- After that take the type tool and type any name or a word you like. Mine is Design Optimal as I simplified it as “DO”, as we always DO and save it as PaperCut .psd. The font I used is Franklin Gothic Demy.
- Now fill the background with white color or #ffffff, remember to keep a space between the two letters, as shown in the next image.
- Now select the text layer and duplicate it and rasterize it. Then use the transformed tool and distort it till it shows as if the letters are rested on the floor or on the white background as the steps are shown below.
- Then we used an image called paper_stack-1 and used it to show as those two letter are carved out of a bundle l of papers.
- The process is shown below. Select only the paper stack remove the white background around the image.
- Now get the pen tool, select the areas that is not within the letter D contour, make selection, and delete them.