Hello everybody!! Thanks again for joining with us today. We are going to discuss about how to create a Lava effect Style in Photoshop.
For this tutorial, you will need bit time and some resources. what we are trying to do here is design the Do text as if it’s been created with Molten lava. And above design will be the final outcome of what we are going to create.
You Should Read and Agree to the Terms of Service Before Purchase!
- Fonts Used :
- Open Photoshop and create a new document. We are using 5000x3000px for the size so we can use it as desktop wallpaper for your PC/ laptop.
- After that put take the type tool and type any name or a word you like, mine is Design Optimal, I will simplify it as DO, as we always DO. And save it as Lava Effect .psd.
- The font I used is Franklin Gothic Demy. Now fill the background with a related texture. We used Grunge-texture_01. Now duplicate the texture layer and make the layer blending option in to multiply and merge the two layers.
- After that add a Brightness/Contrast layer and give these amounts
- Brightness: -70
- Contrast: +70.
- Then we used llava_texture_4_by_eliatra_stock-d4fsig7 and mask it over the letter “D” and do the same with the letter “O”.
- As for the next step, we will add inner shadow for the text. The amounts are shown below.
- As for the next step, we will use Flowing_Lava_by_hitokirivader and we will be using some parts of it. Mask it on top of the letter D and erase off some parts as shown in next couple of images.
- And we will be only needing the areas with molten lava. Take a blurry brush, erase off background, and only keep the lava area. After that duplicate the layer and blend it in to Overlay.
- Repeat the same texture for some different parts of the letter “D” as shown in below.